Morris & Garritano values you and your business and respects your right of privacy. In the course of working with you to place your business, it is necessary for us to obtain personal information about you. The purpose of this notice is to inform you of what types of information we may collect, what we do with that information and with whom it might be shared.
Information We Collect
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms
- Information about your transactions with us and our affiliates
- Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies
- Information we receive from medical records or medical professionals
The information may include, but is not limited to your name, address, telephone number, social security number, motor vehicle report, vehicles you own, description of your home, claims history, credit reports, medical history, and other similar information. This information is used for both underwriting and claims handling purposes.
Information We May Disclose to Third Parties
In the course of our general business practices, we may disclose the information we collect for the following reasons:
- To a third party if the disclosure will enable that party to perform a business, professional or insurance function for us
- To a third party to protect you, and us against fraud and unauthorized transactions
- To an insurance institution, agent, or credit reporting agency to perform a function in connection with an insurance transaction involving you
- To a third party as required or permitted by law
We do not sell your nonpublic personal information to other companies for their own marketing purposes.
How We Protect Confidentiality
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to employees that need to know the information in order to provide products and services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to ensure the privacy of your information.
Access to and Correction to Your Information
You have the right to access the information we have in our records about you. If you wish, you may inspect this information in person, or receive a copy by sending us a written request. You can notify us in writing if you believe any information should be corrected, amended, or deleted. We will either make the requested change, or explain why we cannot. If we do not make the requested change, you may submit a written statement identifying the disputed information, which will be included in future disclosures of your information. You may send your request to: Morris & Garritano Insurance, P.O. Drawer 1189, San Luis Obispo, CA 93406.
Thank you for your trust. If you have any questions or need additional information, please let us know.